Don’t wait. Act.
Audit Manager – Limerick
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too.
Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specializing in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and Consulting. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
We wish to appoint an Audit Manager with 3 years PQE to join our Privately-Owned Business team. You will work closely with experienced Partners, directors and managers on a portfolio of audit clients in our privately-owned business segment, who typically have a turnover of €5m-€250m across a broad range of commercial sectors such as construction, retail, distribution, professional services and engineering.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Our continued growth offers fantastic opportunities to progress and grow within our firm;
- Our technical excellence is underpinned by our global audit methodology and platform. You will have an integral roll in maintaining audit quality and consistency of approach is maintained;
- Managing departmental Resources are available to ensure appropriate utilisation in managing a portfolio of clients resourced from a combined pool of staff to achieve client service combined with targeted firm recovery;
- Responsibility for fee billing and cash collection among own portfolio of clients
- Measurement against collective (departmental) targets for FCR, Billing, Net Fee Income and Cash collection as well as personal and firm-wide goals
- Developing staff in areas of mentoring, training and ongoing support.
- Experience working directly on advisory projects such as:
- - developing strategic business plans;
- technical accounting for acquisitions and changes in structure;
- accounting framework transitions;
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Minimum 3 years audit experience gained in Big 4 or Top 10 practice
- Engagement management, execution and reporting skills
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of key accounting frameworks including FRS 102 / 103, IFRS with a working knowledge of US GAAP a distinct advantage
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Proficiency in operational processes and systems, with an appreciation of the concept of controls and risk management in a regulatory environment
- Technologically proficient
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Understand our service lines and actively assess ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Good computer literacy: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced in the application of audit-based computer systems
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for
the purpose of handling your application.
Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.