Audit Senior - POB
Role: Audit Senior
Department: Audit POB
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and Consulting. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
We wish to appoint an Audit Senior with to join our Privately-Owned Business team. You will work closely with experienced Partners, Directors and Managers on a portfolio of audit clients in our privately-owned business segment, who typically have a turnover of €250m across a broad range of commercial sectors such as technology, retail, distribution, professional services and engineering.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Our continued growth offers fantastic opportunities to progress and grow within our firm;
- Our technical excellence is underpinned by our global audit methodology and platform. You will
- have an integral role in maintaining audit quality and ensuring consistency of approach is maintained;
- Managing departmental resources to ensure appropriate utilisation in managing a portfolio of clients resourced from a combined pool of staff to achieve client service and audit quality.
- Measurement against collective (departmental) targets for chargeable time, billing, net fee income and cash collection as well as personal and firm-wide goals
- Developing staff in areas of mentoring, training and ongoing support.
- Experience working directly on advisory projects such as:
- developing strategic business plans;
- technical accounting for acquisitions and changes in structure;
- accounting framework transitions and project collaboration with Financial Advisory and Tax team members;
- Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant , ideally in a medium or large practice environment
- Top tier interpersonal skills
- Natural influencer
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen
- Relationship builder
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities
- Ability to provide guidance to others
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent computer-literacy skills