Director - Employment Tax & Global Mobility Services
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global firm of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We value your contribution to Mazars continued success and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us.
Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and Consulting. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 42,000 professionals – 26,000+ in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
We are seeking to hire a Tax Director to join our Employment Tax and Global Mobility Services (ET & GMS) team within our Tax Advisory Services division.
The ET & GMS team advises both domestic and international businesses in relation to a variety of issues, including:
- All aspects of employment taxes e.g. tax-free employee incentives, BIK, share-based remuneration plans, termination/redundancy payments, PAYE health checks and Revenue audit support
- All aspects of global mobility e.g. inbound and outbound cross-border employment arrangements, supporting clients with “remote worker” situations ensuring clients remain fully compliant with tax, social security, payroll and other in-country requirements
- Review expatriate tax returns and manage compliance engagements.
- Immigration obligations
What will the role involve?
Working with our team in Dublin, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Work on a varied client portfolio, with excellent opportunities to develop and manage your own portfolio;
- Be part of a dedicated team focused on employment taxes and global mobility;
- Demonstrate your technical expertise in employment taxes by providing support to our domestic and international clients
- Develop close client relationships and take an active role in business development;
- Advance your people management skills;
- Work in collaboration with Mazars international community and learn from an extensive range of experts within Mazars.
- You are AITI / CTA qualified or equivalent;
- You have a strong academic background;
- You have at least 7 years taxation experience in the areas of employment tax and global mobility;
- You have managerial experience or experience managing projects and deadlines;
- You have experience reviewing personal tax returns for internationally mobile employees and associated applications (e.g. SARP forms, A1 and Certs of Coverage applications, etc.);
- You have experience in managing PAYE Revenue audits and compliance checks.
- You have worked in a tax team with client facing experience;
- You are organised, a self-starter and an enthusiastic team player;
- You can work efficiently to deadlines and encourage others to do same;
- You are driven, ambitious and passionate about continuous personal and professional development
- You have extensive experience working with Irish tax
Don’t wait. Act.
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer. In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application. Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.