Don’t wait. Act.
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too.
Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and Consulting. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
We wish to appoint a number of Privacy Consultants at consultant level with at least 2 years experience in our Consulting Division. The candidates will work with a team that delivers a range of privacy and data protection consulting services, the role will include working on client sites as part of our outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO) service, delivering data protection impact assessments, legitimate interest assessments and other General Data Protection Regulation advisory services, Outsourced DPO service. This is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a rapidly growing area in professional services. The successful candidates will be part of a strong privacy consulting team working in a dynamic and ever-changing technical environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with previous consulting experience, or individuals who have worked in a Data Protection or Privacy Compliance role and would like the challenge of transitioning to a consulting role.
The responsibilities and key requirements will be reflective of the level of experience of candidates.
- Simultaneously working with multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Providing advice to clients on data protection, GDPR compliance and other privacy related matters
- Supporting all aspects of client engagement from scope definition to delivery
- Conducting scoping meetings and developing tailored solution project plans for clients
- Oversight of fieldwork including management, guidance and review of junior staff
- Drafting plans and reports including proposed solutions and recommendations
- Conducting day to day DPO activities to support the accountability principle
- Concisely summarise the results of analysis undertaken (verbal and written)
- Contribute to the management of client engagement using project management skills
- Identify challenges, risks, problems and opportunities
- Liaise and maintain contact with staff at all levels of client organisations
- Contributing to the development and training of staff
- Contributing to the continued development of the privacy consultancy
- Support business development, including preparation of proposals and tender responses
We are looking for candidates that meet most of the below requirements or have the desire and ability to address any of the requirements that they do not currently meet
- Demonstrable strong ability to engage with clients and communicate practically and clearly
- Ability to analyse complex information and identify key and relevant points, including communicating in a relevant and easy to understand manner.
- Understanding of data protection law and regulation and how to apply it within the business.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in providing privacy advice, consultancy or delivering solutions, either within a large organisation or to a variety of smaller organisations; or
- Experience working in a data protection or privacy compliance role, including compliance with privacy legislation or relevant professional services experience; or
- Experience in IT Security / Technology with an awareness and interest in Privacy and GDPR
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven success in team management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in project management
- Strong business development skills
- Broad knowledge of information security, risk management and corporate governance.
- Ability to manage client relationships.
- Good personal organisation, self-motivation and project management skills.